The life of MattnWin

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

You are Special

I love reading stories to my boys every night but tonight was especially tough because the kids wouldn't sit still and listen so halfway through a story I told them to go to bed because they weren't listening. Well Matthew was doing homework and when he was done he wanted me to read to him a story called "You are Special". He asked so nicely and had done all of his homework so I told him yes. We got this book from my sister-in-law Cindi a couple of years ago and the kids liked it but didn't really get it. Tonight I read it to Matthew and he really got it! He asked if he was special and if he was slippery. I told him yes he was and that all Gods children were. I told him that Puncinello just needed to remember that. It was very neat to see the light in his eyes and I had to hold back tears when he wanted me to read it again. So in short(er) summary go and buy this book or get it from me or the library it is a great way to show kids how special they are.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home