The life of MattnWin

Friday, April 24, 2009

Square Foot Garden

Matt and I have been talking about starting a garden so we decided this week to actually do it. I went to several websites and went to home depot to get the supplies. Matt and I build the boxes, I am proud to say no swearing or fighting the whole time!
The boys are so excited to have gardens they were great helpers while I went to the store and brought all the materials home. They actually helped drill and hold the wood before Matt got there.
We did a mixture of peet moss, composte and vermiculite so the boys thought the dirt was really cool and wanted to play in it.Jeffrey just couldn't understand why we were putting nails in but not all the way and then why we were tieing string to them. He was very curious but wanted to help nail.
Almost done!
Ta-da! I am so excited now I just have to wait until we can plant. We bought all the seeds: cucumbers, tomatos, potatos, carrots, corn, watermellon, onions, peas, greenbeans, peppers, summer squash, summer lettuce, and pumpkins.
Here are the starters for the tomatos, onions and peppers. I will keep you posted on whether or not it works!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home